The fifth and final race of the first FIM e-Power International Championship is running this weekend at Imola in Italy as part of the round of the FIM Superbike World Championship.
This finale promises a high voltage since it will award the first title in the history of FIM e-Power International Championship.
This title will be between the Italian Thomas Betti (Betti Moto), a leader in the standings since winning the first race at Le Mans, and the Belgian Thijs de Ridder (Crystalyte Europe), always on the podium since his victory in Spain.
Matthias Himmelmann (Münch Racing Team), winner of the race in Magny Cours on Bol d’Or, will certainly go for the win at Imola. Absent on the first two races, the German rider cannot mathematically take the 2010 title.
It’s the same for Christian Amendt (Epo-Bike RT) however regularly at the forefront since the beginning of the season.
The first practices will be done at Imola on Saturday afternoon and the start of the race will be given on Sunday at 14 pm 30 for six laps just before the second Superbike race.
FIM E-POWER INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
IMN : 108/06 Imola, Italie Date: 25-26 September 2010
PARTICIPANTS LIST – FINAL
1. 17 Amendt Christian Germany Epo-Bike.de Epo-Bike.de DMSB
2. 22 De Ridder Thijs Belgium DR Motors Crystalyte Europe.com Racing FMB-BMB
3. 36 Scrocchi Stefano Italy Münch Team Münch Racing Team FMI
4. 38 Betti Luciano Italy Betti Moto Torpedine Betti Moto FMI
5. 49 Himmelmann Matthias Germany Münch Team Münch Racing Team DMSB
6. 115 Betti Thomas Italy Betti Moto Torpedine Evo Betti Moto FMIFIM e-Power International Championship
Standings After 4 Rounds
1. Thomas BETTI 115 ITA Betti Moto – 74
2. Thijs de RIDDER 22 BEL Crystalyte Europe – 61
3. Christian AMENDT 17 GER Epo-Bike RT – 48
4. Matthias HIMMELMANN 49 GER Münch RT – 36
5. Rainer KOPP 48 GER Münch RT – 33
6. Luciano BETTI 38 ITA Betti Moto – 26
7. Michael CZYSZ 3 USA MotoCzysz E1pc – 25
8. Michael BARNES 80 USA Lightning Motorcycles – 20
9. Mike HANNAS 15 USA Electricracebikes.com – 9