Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki’s Christophe Pourcel overcame a first turn crash with most of the field to finish seventh and maintain his points lead in the AMA Supercross Lites Eastern Region standings.
Pourcel once again set the fastest time in qualifying practice giving him first gate pick in the second heat race. This marks the fifth straight week Pourcel has topped the qualifying time charts.
In his heat race, Pourcel jumped out to an early lead on his KX250F and easily won his fourth heat of the season. Pourcel knew he needed to get a good start in both his heat and the main event because the track only had one line, which made it difficult to pass.
Christophe Pourcel Quote
"I don’t know what happened, but pretty much everybody crashed in the first turn," said Pourcel. "I tried to ride my way back up to the front, but it was difficult. I’m a little sore from my crash in Toronto and going down at the start didn’t help. It wasn’t a fun night."
In the main event, three-quarters of the field was on the ground in the first turn after a chain-reaction crash. Because Pourcel was near the front, his bike was at the bottom of the pile and he was one of the last riders to get up.
After restarting in 20th, the French rider methodically moved his way all the way up to seventh. His motorcycle racing result salvaged enough points for him to maintain a five-point lead in the standings with three races remaining.
Dean Wilson was unable to race in Dallas as he faced immigration issues coming back from Toronto.
Eastern Regional Supercross Lites Race Results
1. Blake Bagget, Grand Terrace, Calif., Suzuki
2. Ryan Sipes, Vine Grove, Ky., Yamaha
3. Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda
4. Martin Davalos, Cairo, Ga., Yamaha
5. Austin Stroupe, Lincolnton, N.C., Suzuki
6. Matthew Lemoine, Collinsville, Texas, Suzuki
7. Christophe Pourcel, Groveland, Fla., Kawasaki
8. Mike Willard, Newark, Ohio, Honda
9. Tyler Futrell, Clinton, N.C. KTM
10. Steven Clarke, Cairo, Ga., Suzuki
Eastern Regional AMA Supercross Lites Point Standings
1. Christophe Pourcel, Groveland, Fla., Kawasaki, 109
2. Austin Stroupe, Lincolnton, N.C., Suzuki, 104
3. Justin Barcia, Ochlocknee, Ga., Honda, 84
4. Ryan Sipes, Vine Grove, Ky., Yamaha, 77
5. Brett Metcalfe, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Honda, 75
6. Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., Suzuki, 71
7. Dean Wilson, San Jacinto, Calif., Kawasaki, 71
8. Martin Davalos, Cairo, Ga., Yamaha, 47
9. Nico Izzi, Albany, Ga., Yamaha, 41
10. Kyle Cunningham, Fort Worth, Texas, Honda, 40
SPEED will broadcast the race form Jacksonville on Sunday, March 28.